Monday, November 3, 2014

A Sunday Daybook Posted on a Monday: November 3, 2014

Outside my window:
is a Starbucks parking lot in Fredericksburg, Virginia where it is early, grey, close to rain and with wind that is heading towards Wizard of Oz proportions..  I believe the folks at the Weather Channel call this not appropriate for baseball weather.
I am thinking:
that the San Francisco Giants and the Kansas City Royals are probably sipping margaritas on a beach some where because NOVEMBER.  I would very much like to stay in this random, warm Starbucks I found a few miles from the baseball field on which my 13 year old is "warming up" for his game that starts in an hour.  And by warming up I mean freezing his skinny little bum off.
I am thankful:
that my child is healthy and strong enough to play baseball today, no matter the weather.  For silver linings, perspective, for a God that forgives me for being a spineless clod of grievances - all that.  And also for a Skinny Vanilla Soy Latte in a warm Starbucks.
In the kitchen:
It is full of Halloween candy and discarded costumes.
I am wearing:
black running pants, Nike running shoes, Army 10 Miler long sleeve tee shirt, Stars Baseball Sweatshirt.
I am listening to:
morning coffee orders and typical coffee shop music - mournful, deep, terribly introspective, I'm sure.
I am reading:
Moloka'i by Adam Brennert.  REALLY good.
I am hoping:
to take my first run in three weeks tomorrow due to the fact that my hamstring hates me and I've been resting it for exactly 20 days and 23 hours.  I know this because I'm becoming more and more mentally unstable.  I NEED the running and I'm starting to freak out.
I am looking forward to:
a lunch meeting with a new friend who wants to help out at Kyle's Kamp.  She is yet another person who I would not have met if not due to horrible tragedy, but who I will count as one of the instances when God has proven to me that He can make beauty out of ashes.  She and I surely wish that we could've first met another way, but we can't.  So I will thank Him for this friend willing to work toward something daunting and difficult.  Also, I'll thank Him because she is fun and I'm quite the fan of laughing until my Diet Coke comes out of my nose..
I am learning:
that Peanut M&Ms are the boss of me. 
I am praying:
for Mathias and family - everyday.  Also, that I will be able to start running again so that my family doesn't end up living with a crazy woman who sits on the couch covered in candy wrappers all day.
On my Ipod:
Come as You Are by Crowder(not Nirvana).  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this song so much.  LOVE.
I am wondering:
how much baseball dirt will be in my teeth, ears and lip gloss by the end of this windy day.
I am pondering:
cutting my hair.  Like 3 inches off.  This could be a reaction to the fact that the wind has blown my hair into my mouth all morning and this is terribly annoying.  It also keeps getting caught in zippers and doorways and I think I'm starting to look like Marcia Brady.
A quote for today:
"We should all have one person who knows how to bless us despite the evidence, Grandmother was that person to me." ~Phyllis Theroux
(I cannot think of a more perfect way to describe how my mommy loves.  Unconditionally, despite all evidence, she just keeps loving us.  And she was the only adult who stayed up to the victorious end with Kyle and Joe to watch the 'Horns beat Iowa State.  BIG LOVE. no?)

A verse for today:
"I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth. He will not let your foot be moved; he who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, he who keeps Israel, will neither slumber nor sleep.The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade on your right hand." Psalm 121-1-5
One of my favorite things:
The Little Man doing his best "Mad Bryce Harper" face on Halloween.

A few plans for the week:
We have two days off from school because of teacher workdays so I'm hoping to see Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day because in my imagination Jennifer Garner and I are best friends, the beginnings of work on the 2nd season of Kyle's Kamp Diamond Dreams Games, a little man turns 10 years old and there is ONE more baseball tournament.  (Thank you, sweet, loving Jesus)
A peek into my day: 
I hope I don't find this child blown up against the fence today like Dorothy and Toto.  Hold your ground, #2!

No comments: