Wednesday, September 30, 2015

September's Stitch Fix Box Summary



It's Stitch Fix Box Summary time again, friends!

This is going to be quick because if I want to keep my "Queen of September" crown, I have 7,432 things to do today.  These tasks involve very glamorous things like going to Home Depot, getting an oil change and running through Costco without stopping to eat my weight in samples of pigs in a blanket. 

Then, maybe I'll go to Bed, Bath and Beyond.   I don't know.  I don't know if I'll have enough time.

(If you can name that movie in the comments, I will grant you the illustrious title of "The View from Behind Home Plate's September Reader of the Month" which involves no crown, no award of any sort or kind and really, no glory at all.)

Unfortunately, this was my least favorite Stitch Fix Box yet.  I still love Stitch Fix with my whole heart because I am shallow and greedy and my whole heart does a little flip when there is a package on the front porch that doesn't look like it would hold a baseball bat or a pair of cleats. 

I only kept one item of the five this time, but I have to say that I am having some regrets over sending back Item No. 1:

Malia Split Neck Blouse by Collective Concepts
This is really cute, right?  I should have kept it, right?  I made a mistake.  I feel bad about it.  Let's stop talking about it.


Sina V-Neck Printed Maxi Dress by Gilli
I have a couple of Maxi dresses and I really don't feel the need for another one.  Also, my feelings for the color purple reach levels of dislike that are rather inexplicable and unreasonable.  It's the same way I feel about those individual family member bumper stickers.  I can't explain it.  It makes no sense.
 

The Runaway Nugget Bead Necklace by Vanessa Mooney
I had no love for this necklace.  Maybe it suffered guilt by association since I put it on with the purple dress above. I know you can't tell by the photos, but "eh".  I hope the Runaway Nugget Bead Necklace runs away to someone who will appreciate it.  It deserves a home full of love and respect just like everyone else. 



Ellisa Embroidery Detail Knit Top by Skies are Blue
This is cute.  I don't love it.  It bored me a little bit.  I sent it back.



Bovina Dolman Knit Top by Laila Jayde
I really like this top.  I kept it despite the fact that the word "Bovina" is in its name.  Bovina is obviously related to the word bovine.  When a certain blogger (who said she has a lot to do today) took the time to look that up on the interwebs to see if there was a reasonable alternative definition, she only found this:

"of, relating to, or affecting cattle.  Example:  bovine tuberculosis"

Certain blogger is perplexed by the people at Laila Jayde who would reference cattle in any way shape or form in naming their women's wear.  Still I will wear my cow top proudly because it is simple yet interesting due to the cute details.  See layered back and the piping on the sleeve




Well, that's it for today, friends.  My apologies for the poor quality of the photos.  When not relying on my own inadequate skills, I was left to a ten year old photographer who frankly didn't seem very focused and had a bit of an attitude with me.  Which is strange since I am basically the one responsible for keeping him fed, clothed and sheltered. (otherwise known as keeping him alive)

If you want to try Stitch Fix I'd be so happy if you'd use my reference code:

https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/4559584

Have a great Wednesday!

3 comments:

Anna Whiston-Donaldson said...

You are cracking me up! I would definitely wonder how anyone could think Bovina would be a good name for a woman's shirt.

Colleen Dixon said...

OLD SCHOOL! (I win "The View from Behind Home Plate's September Reader of the Month" ;) )

Jenn said...

Yay, Colleen Dixon! Big Winner! Shout it from the rooftops, girlie!! :)