Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Snowed In Daybook: January 26, 2016

Outside my window:
Well, I'm not sure if you heard, but it snowed just a bit over the weekend. This is my mailbox and my street. I'm not sure the seventy-five 20% off coupons to Bed, Bath and Beyond that I get each week are coming any time soon.


I am thinking:
That we might need some structure in our day today. The kids are out of school at least until Wednesday, but I can't imagine that they'll go back at all this week. This has been my structure for the past four days:  eat, check Facebook, take Mack out, eat, check Twitter, ask someone else to take Mack out, eat, check Facebook, pretend I'm about to go get on the treadmill, check Instagram, take a shower, change into another pair of pajamas, eat. I'm not sure this is the plan the Lord has for my life. I might need to reevaluate.

I am thankful:
For the break. Really, it was a nice reminder that we human beings, with our schedules and our to-do lists and our plans do not control the universe. Rather than confining, I found it was rather freeing to know that there are things I can do nothing about. It gives a girl a chance to take a breath. We are no match for the maker of the heavens and the earth. He's a mighty, mighty God. I am so thankful.

In the kitchen:
There was quite a bit of feasting around here. There were steaks and chili, pizzas and beef brisket sandwiches, breakfast tacos and waffles and loads of hot chocolate. I think a juice fast of sorts might be in order.

I am wearing;
pajamas and Joe's baseball sweatshirt. Duh.

I am listening to:
silence. We have no phone, no internet, and no tv service and no one can come out to fix it until Friday. It's basically Little House on the Prairie up in here. Well, I might be being a little dramatic. It would be exactly like that if Pa actually had access to his work hotspot, which my husband gratefully does. This would allow Caroline to still be able to shake her head with wonder at the crazy people commenting on the Walnut Grove Community Page and also continue to stalk Laura's Twitter account.

I am going:
to be working on my next Stitch Fix Post. I got a great box from them in December, but haven't had the chance to blog about it yet. Also, I kinda forgot what it's like to wear real pants.

I am hoping:
 to get little Mack groomed this week for the first time. He's getting pretty shaggy. Recently, when I was at the pet store, an employee gave me a card for a groomer. The name? "Groomingdales". Y'all. I can't even make this stuff up. Dog people. They're somethin' else.

I am reading:
Audacious by Beth Moore


I am looking forward to:
the two best people that ever lived coming to visit this weekend! I'm so happy I can barely stand it.



I am praying:



On my Ipod:
My friend, Beth, posted this song, Humble and Kind, by Tim McGraw the other day. It's the best thing I saw online all week.



I am pondering:
This from Beth Moore: "When the blood in your veins runs hot with holy affection for the living Christ, what do you want to do most? Paul put it this way: Christ's love compels us. When Christ's love invades every cell in your body, what are you compelled to do? . . . What would it take to do it?"

A verse for today:
"For he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in your weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." - 2 Corinthians 12:9

One of my favorite things:
A boy and his dog.

A few plans for the week:
Everything is canceled as of now. Just one vet appointment, one eye doctor appointment and lots of shoveling.

A peek into my day:
Digging our way out.



No comments: