Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Stitch Fix Summary on Snow Day #6


Well, it's Wednesday, the 4th day we're out of school due to 7,000 feet of snow and we're not going back this week. So, I'm in my pjs at my kitchen table again and I realized that I hadn't posted about my December Stitch Fix Box.  And what else did I have to do while being snowed in with a bunch of guys and a dog than to retreat to my bathroom and take selfies?  I mean during the Blizzard of 2010, selfies were but a gleam in Kim Kardashian's eye, but I'm pretty sure that very much like Queen Esther in the Bible, selfies were made for such a blizzard as this. Unfortunately, I can only wear these cute clothes in the warmth of my bathroom because when I go outside, I'm all:


In my lowest moments, when I'm knee dip in a bag of Tostitos and salsa and well into a Walker, Texas Ranger marathon, I forget that one day we will see green grass again and will, in fact, even be blasting the air conditioner in Washington DC. I know it will happen. So, let's just take a deep breath and think about when I might be able to wear these cute pieces outside of my bathroom.

I liked this box a lot. I kept three of the items.  Here we go.

Evella Boatneck Top by Market & Spruce




This top was really cute. It fit well and was exactly my style. You can't exactly see it, but there are denim cuffs and a denim shirt tail at the bottom. I've worn this a number of times already. The necklace, by the way, was a gift from my sister and is my favorite Christmas present this year. I looked for it at Banana Republic on line, but they only had this color. Maybe you could find the turquoise one at your local BR.

Lizzy Colorbock Striped Sweater by 41Hawthorn




My Stitch Fix Stylist deserves a gold medal for sending me this sweater. I rarely find sweaters that I can wear. I can't seem to handle wool, acrylic and whatever else mostly goes into sweaters without feeling like Will Smith in Hitch when he went to that cooking class with Eva Mendes and had to drink a bottle of Benedryl. This sweater is 60% viscose and 40% nylon with not a thread of anything that is trying to kill me. It is so soft and the fit is loose without being too baggy or boxy. I love the stripes and colorblocking on the sleeves. I've worn this a ton already. Shout out to Secret Powder Fresh Solid - strong enough for a man, made for a woman who wears a sweater three days in a row.

Chaplin Lined Hooded Anorak Jacket by Market & Spruce


I squealed like an annoying little girl when I pulled this jacket out of the box. This is by far my favorite piece from Stitch Fix ever. The weight is perfect; not too heavy, and not flimsy. The lining is a black and white stripe and there's bright orange trim along the zipper. It fits perfectly. It's not boxy at all and has a drawstring that I can cinch in if necessary. (Let's just be honest, though. There will be no immediate need for cinching after the amount of food that was consumed during Snowtorious B.I.G)

Porter Legging by Rune

These were black leggings. I didn't try them on or take a photo because I think you can visualize them. They were black. They were leggings. I already have black leggings, so I sent them back. The end.

Rainie Long Sleeve Asymmetrical Knit Top by Loveappella



I wasn't a huge fan of this top. Speaking of huge, I did a search on Loveappella on the internet to see if I could find a better photo. I found out that Loveappella makes a lot of maternity wear.

Ahem. 

Perhaps my stylist checked out the forecast and knew that I would spend over a week in my house watching movies and eating frito pie and oreos? 

Anyway, I think I've mentioned that I am way too OCD to wear something asymmetrical and it just conjures up images of Flashdance. I'm no spring chicken, for goodness sake. I can barely walk straight, much less pull off an asymmetrical top without falling over. I think this top is for the young folk who spend hours on end taking selfies in their bathroom mirrors. I cannot relate, so I sent this back.

A big thanks to my childhood and adulthood buddy, Becki F. and my adulthood buddy Corina P. who both used my Stitch Fix Referral Code so that I could get a discount! Becki kept her whole darn box which gave her a 25% discount! :) If you'd like to try Stitch Fix, I'd love it if you'd use my code below. 

https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/4559584

Have a great day, friends!

No comments: