Thursday, February 25, 2016

A February Stitch Fix Box Summary

It's Stitch Fix Review Day!

Before I opened this box I told myself that I had to be cut-throat this time. I really have no business buying anything right now that I don't love to death, so I prayed for large amounts of self-control and frugal-mindedness.

(I'm fairly certain Husband has been praying that prayer for me for about twenty years give or take. God's timing can be a mystery, babe.)

But seriously, I received a lot of cute things for Christmas and my birthday and also ended up with quite a few gift cards, so I really needed to be selective. Honestly, I liked most of the things in the box, but only kept one item so I'm pretty sure I might get an award from Suze Orman soon.

As usual, I have to say that getting a box from Stitch Fix is delightful. I love this whole concept. I don't know who came up with it, but BRILLIANT, BRILLIANT, BRILLIANT.

Here's a look at the goods from this month.



Bancroft 
Karlita Hammered Coin Earrings


I think these earrings are great. The thing is that even though these are totally my style and I would like to branch out in the earring department, I have been wearing the same silver hoops for years. Like ten years. Every time I get new earrings I find that I always end up going straight back to my silver hoops. I actually am looking for some simple gold earrings - not hoops - because I received some other gold jewelry for Christmas, so I wrote a note to my stylist to that effect this time. This is the first time I've offered a specific request to Stitch Fix. We'll see if maybe I'll get some cute gold earrings in my next box.

Skies are Blue
Bury Embroidered Top




This top is really pretty. I tend to think that a "boho" blouse is more of a summer style than a winter style though. I think this would look really cute with white cuffed jeans or white shorts and some cute wedge sandals like these in the summer. Unfortunately, we are looking at a high of 39 degrees tomorrow, so I sent this top back. 

Market and Spruce
Corinna Striped Dolman Top



This has my name written all over it. I have a stripes obsession and I love the sleeves on this top. The loose fit and comfort of this lightweight sweater fit perfectly into my February lifestyle which I would call "Business Lazy". As in, I have made it my business to be as lazy as possible lately. And speaking of nailing it, I expect to get a promotion any day now.  

Loveappella
Evie Draw String Funnel Neck Sweatshirt




This was a "no" from the minute I pulled it out of the box. I didn't love the fabric or the pattern. It fit fine, but I have a striped cotton drawstring funnel neck top that is very similar already. I sent this back.

Kut from the Kloth
Kate Boyfriend Jeans



I didn't take a picture of myself in these jeans. I'm not up for getting a close up of my booty, thank you very much. The jeans in the photo above are actually the Kut from the Kloth Catherine jeans. Which is why I suppose the model is wearing heels with them because Catherine clearly is much more sophisticated than Kate. The Kate jeans were honestly great. They were very comfortable and cute. The problem is that I just bought a new pair of boyfriend jeans in October and I didn't want to cheat on that boyfriend. I am monogamous when it comes to my boyfriend jeans.

That's it, friends. I have a feeling when the spring stuff shows up next time, I won't show as much restraint.

If you'd like to try Stitch Fix, check it out HERE and I'd love it if you'd use my referral code below!

https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/4559584

No comments: