Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day Photos on a Monday Daybook: May 13, 2013

 
Outside my window:
Bright and sunny, but too cold 
I am thinking:
about Taylor Swift's bangs. I saw her in concert on Saturday night and her bangs and her hair color are perfection.  I've been thinking about her bangs all day.
I am thankful:
for sons who pour love on their mommies on Mother's day - both for my sons and for my brother who was with my mom when my sister and I couldn't be yesterday.  Somehow my dad and brother convinced her to play golf and she promises it was one of the best Mother's Days EVER.


In the kitchen:
Fish and green stuff. 
I am wearing:
green Nike running shorts, black Nike running jacket, running shoes.
I am listening to:
Joe whistling while he studies Geometry.  Whistling means happy, right?  That's awesome for him, but for me, whistling means annoying.
I am going:
to watch The Voice tonight.  An adorable girl from my hometown is on it.  She has a crazy beautiful voice.  VOTE AMBER!
I am reading:
The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach recommended by the lovely and talented Mrs. C.  It is a fictional story about a college baseball player.  Just started it, but I can tell it's going to be so good.  I'm loving the characters already.
I am hoping:
for heat.  What's new, right?  It's pretty outside, but it's a cruel joke.   Too cold for May.
I am wondering:
if any of my University of Texas buddies recognized our friend, Johnny, banging the wooden spoon on the pot in this AT&T commercial. Oh my gosh, I laughed so hard I almost peed in my pants.  Some things don't change it 20 years, huh?   
I am looking forward to:
school being out, sleeping late, blazing heat, being at the pool for hours.  24 days and counting. 
I am praying:
for women who struggle with pain and addiction to surrender to truth and to stop holding tight to fear and shame.  I've read so much about God turning lives around. I've watched God turn lives around.  He sees you.  He loves you just as you are, but he wants your life to be different.  There is nothing He can't do.  Nothing.
On my IPod:
Joe put Taylor Swift's Red album on my Ipod for me and I've been singing THIS ever since.  It's a happy, dorky, kinda song which is good for me because I'm a happy, dorky kinda gal.
I am pondering:
"The deal is- Motherhood isn't sainthood and we're all a bunch of sinners here and don't let anyone tell you any different - pushing something out of your womb doesn't make you a better woman.  Real Womanhood isn't a function of being a great mother, but of being loved by your Great Father" - from another stunning post from Ann Voskamp's A Holy Experience blog
A quote for today:
"Dear Mom, I love you so much I might blow up." - Drew in his Mother's Day card.


A verse for today:
"He has showed you, O man, what is good.  And what does the Lord require of you?  To act justly, and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." - Micah 6:8
One of my favorite things:

Players proudly rockin' pink socks for their moms.
 
 
Daybook idea from http://www.thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments: