Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Spring (but It's ALMOST Summer!) Lovin' 2014

Before I launch into the Spring Lovin' post there are a couple things we need to clarify.

1.  Even though it was hot as fire over Memorial Day weekend and I was supremely happy about that, I'm not positive that Spring is here to stay.  I don't like to count my.(spring) chickens.  Spring can be flaky around here in NoVa.

(That' s Northern Virginia to you outsiders.  We're hip and cool like that around here.  We don't have time to spell out Northern Virginia because we're too busy sitting in traffic.)

But for the purposes of this post we will assume that Spring has stopped being bi-polar and is going to stick around.

2. Before you check out any of the fashion portion of the Spring Lovin' 2014 post, you must know, if you don't already, that I have a problem with buying all manner of items with horizontal stripes.  I really don't know what it's about.  If you missed it when I featured it months ago, here is a photo of part of my closet.  If  you are a psychology major, let me know what's going on here.  I'm pretty sure I'm a big bowl of crazy.


Bonus points, if you noticed that there is a top with vertical stripes.  I wore it not long ago and the lovely and talented Mrs. C. had to introduce herself to me. She was all confused even though we've known each other forever.  We're not talking a small bowl of crazy.  We're talking huge salad bowl.

So, let's start with Spring Lovin' Items Without Stripes

Books on the Porch/Deck/Backyard/at the Little League Game that seems to last 100 Innings
After our brutal winter, I am so excited to spend some time out on my back porch with a book  I love to read, but it seems that life got crazy busy recently, so I haven't read anything more than an email in months. THIS ARTICLE was going around social media a few weeks ago and it is brilliantly written by Rob Lowe.   Yes, that Rob Lowe.  If you've been here from the beginning you'll remember that I wrote an entire post on this literary masterpiece.   Rob has a new book out called Love Life and you can bet your boots I'll be reading it.  I ordered Kelly Corrigan's new book because The Middle Place was one of my favorite books ever.  I also plan on getting Khaled Hosseini's And the Mountains Echoed

Have a Drink on the Porch Glassware
I love all of the outdoor entertaining glassware and serving bowl patterns at West Elm and they're pretty affordable.



Soap & Glory Products
Have I ever mentioned anything about spending a lot of time at baseball parks? Well, I do on occasion or six times a week in the Spring.  And that means I need lots of personal hygiene products.  They used to sell  Soap and Glory products at Target and I loved all of them, especially Calm One Calm All and Clean On Me Shower gel.  Now I can only find it online.  I love the retro look of the bottle and the cute names and the fact that it doesn't smell like baseball cleats. 




 Michael Kors Carla Sandals
I tried on THESE SANDALS by Michael Kors at Nordstrom  because the sales lady thought they would go with Fancy Pants dress, but I thought they were too casual.  These shoes are so comfortable I can't even tell you.  But they don't go with my life.  Please someone get these shoes.  Now.  Please.



Ok. here's where I fall off the wagon with the stripes thing because

Anthropologie Striped Duet Dress 
It pains me that I can't figure out how to get a photo of  THIS DRESS.  It also pains me that I can't decide which of the three choices I like best.  This falls into the category of LIFE IS REALLY HARD SOMETIMES.

JCrew Beehive Scarf
I'm not sure why this is named "beehive" and more importantly, why it costs more than the sandals or the dress above.  Maybe there is some money sewn in the lining.

Ann Taylor Swimsuit
I know. Thinking about a swimsuit makes me break out in hives.  Although I did not participate in the getting in the water portion of going to the pool, I did take Drew to the pool last night.  Pretty soon it will be time to face the music though and I think all the options in this retro suit are cute.


Now, because of the hives, I have to go running.  Based on the winter pig out that happened here, I'm going to need to run for a long time.  Like maybe straight through next Tuesday.  Happy Spring!  Let's hope it sticks around!

No comments: