Monday, July 6, 2015

Waiting for Game Time Daybook: July 6, 2015

Outside my window:
It's cloudy and grey and storms are threatening which threatens our baseball game tonight which gives me heart palpitations because I NEED THIS TO BE OVER.
I am thinking:
about how the rest of my month hangs in the balance.  Why must baseball dictate my life or lack of a life, as the case may be?
I am thankful:
for a great weekend celebrating my country with family and food and fireworks and that beautiful flag flying over that beautiful lake.


In the kitchen:
is a big mess of leftovers that we brought home from our weekend at the lake.  I swear to goodness I have enough hot dog buns for the next twenty-five years of 4th of July barbecues.
I am wearing:
black shorts and black tshirt, running shoes.
I am listening to:
the sounds of a Starbucks in the morning.
I am going:
to completely freak out if this fly does not stop buzzing around my head.  I'd buy everyone in here a Venti Latte if someone would give me a fly swatter.
I am reading:
I finally finished The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarity which was really good and disturbing and interesting.  Last night I started The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
I am hoping:
for the forecast to change drastically so that my kid can play ball at 7:00 pm.
I am looking forward to:
my Texas people coming in three weeks.  I can barely stand it, I'm so excited.
I am learning:
that my Sister is a genius.  I needed her to be practical and to not put up with my whining over the weekend, so she gave me some solid, wise advice on the phone from all the way across the country.  In the moment, I said, "YES! That is exactly what I should do!  Yes, you are right.  Exactly right.  You are so smart."   Perhaps I should next learn to actually take her advice because when she asked me last night if I did what she told me to do, the answer was, "Um, no.  But I still thought it was really smart advice."  I'm a work in progress, it seems.
I am praying:
to be patient and gracious today.  It's a struggle this morning.
On my Ipod:
Raise 'Em Up.  I'm on a Keith Urban kick
I am wondering:
if there will ever in my life be a time when I will actually like cooking beautiful, healthy meals as much as I like the idea of cooking beautiful, healthy meals.  Really.  Can't they just show up on the table?
I am pondering:
"A baseball game is simply a nervous breakdown divided into nine innings" - Earl Wilson
A verse for today:
"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me." - Psalm 51:10
One of my favorite things:
WORLD CHAMPION WOMEN AND THIS COMMERCIAL



A peek into my day: 


No comments: